Google

Sunday 17 June, 2007

Nokia N70

I Bought New Nokia N70. I have had this smartphone for just Today so I guess you could call this a first impression review. I will do more in-depth reviews about features and applications later on.

My first overall impression of the N70 IS good. I mean even before I turned it on. You can feel the quality when holding the phone in your hand. Solid and not too much plastic. And I have to say I don´t share the opinion of many other handset reviewers who say light and thin is good.

You quite often see reviews that point out the weight factor as important and they say ultra thin or light weight phones are better than heavy ones. I say with quality comes weight! At least I like phones that are compact and not too thin. Naturally they tend to weight some more. Then again I do not carry my phone inside my Lewis jeans. The Nokia N70 weights 126 g.

What´s new on the N70
Compared to my previous phone, the Nokia 6630 the N70 has the following approvements:

- The N70 has the active stanby screen with shortcuts to favorite applicatons
- Lens cover for camera
- Camera Flash
- Bluetooth 2.0
- Two cameras (0.3 & 2.0 MP) and you can make video calls
- Radio
- More internal memory (30 MB vs 10 MB on the 6630)
- With the Nokia heaphone adapter you can use
standard (3.5 mm) headphones
- Keypads has a backlight
- The five-way navipad center buttons is working (unlike the one on the 6630)

Memory
The N70 has 32MB OF free RAM, 21MB of free flash storage and a removable memory card.

New User Interface
The new user interface (active idle/active stanby) with the shortcuts to your favorite applications improves usability. I still haven´t discovered were you can add and remove the shortcuts. No hurry, there IS a lot of interesting features still undiscovered.

Radio
The radio was a new discovery for me and if I now had to choose between a radio and a MP3 player on my phone I would propably go for the radio. I also bought the headphone adapter AD-15 (15 euros / 20 $) and listen to
the radio every morning on the way to work via my Koss Plug headset (the only ones that fit my ears!).

MP3 Player And Music
The basic N70 music player plays MP3 and (unprotected) AAC-formatted files. If you want to replace your iPod with the phone you should look into some third party player like OggPlay or WMAPlus. The phone comes with stereo headsets.

The N70 Camera
The main difference between the new N70 and my older 6630 camera (or Nokia 6680/6681 camera) is propably:

- 2 MP instead OF 1.3 megapixel
- The N70 has extra camera settings
- N70 has anti-red eye
- N70 has a sliding lens cover
- N70 has better video resolution, 352 x 288 pixels instead OF 176 x 144 pixels



N70 Screen
The 262K color display is bright and clear with its 176 x 208 pixels. I also appreciate the adjustable brightness.

More
This candybar smartphone is a 3G WCDMA/GSM phone!

I Say: Very good smartphone! The radio is great and is a feature I will look for on my next phone also. Biggest con IS the new OS that doesn´t support older software. The keyboard IS quite small and maybe not suitable for people with big fingers, older people or alcoholics! Same thing for removing the memory card - you have to have small fingers.

0 comments:

Comments

BUY A TEE AND DONATE SOME AMOUNT